24 years old (~14 billion miles traveled)
Still lost somewhere in Idaho...
I love the mist of the river and the smell of pine on a cold morning. There is a timeless, sacred feeling that surrounds me in the woods, a sense of smallness and comfort knowing that I am not the center of the universe. I want to know it all and share it with anyone who wants the same. One day, I'll own a tiny house on the water and grow old with her. I'll talk to anyone I meet for hours but enjoy the company of myself; there is a peace in solitude that too few are fortunate enough to find. I am the most vicious enemy of oppression and dehumanization, as those who have experienced either often are.
My inspiration to build this blog comes from either fascination or frustration. Sometimes posts will be happy, other times posts will be dark. Some days I'll post a lot, some months I'll post a little. I lack timing but prefer sharing quality. If you're into that kind of thing, you can join me on my adventure!
If I Could Make the World Understand Anything: We are tiny beings on a tiny rock orbiting a tiny star in a tiny solar system within a tiny galaxy in one of many theorized universes / time streams. Don't let the routine of life steal away perspective. There is no reason to exist in anything less than a perpetual state of amazement. And for all the complexity and grander in the cosmic universe, it cannot rival what you are. Forged from elements scattered by death of a star, you are alive despite all your inanimate constituents. You have evolved and survived and grown beautiful where countless species have died out. Your life may be short, but your origin spans the length of all time. By simply existing, you have weathered the storm with the cumulative story of everything written into your bones. The universe is in awe of you...
1. Thou shall not attack the person’s character, but the argument. (Ad hominem)
2. Thou shall not misrepresent or exaggerate a person’s argument in order to make them easier to attack. (Straw man fallacy)
3. Thou shall not use small numbers to represent the whole. (Hasty generalization)
4. Thou shall not argue thy position by assuming one of its premises is true. (Begging the question)
5. Thou shall not claim that because something occurred before, it must be the cause. (Post Hoc/False cause)
6. Thou shall not reduce the argument down to two possibilities. (False dichotomy)
7. Thou shall not argue that because of our ignorance, claim must be true or false. (Ad ignorantum)
8. Thou shall not lay the burden of proof onto him that is questioning the claim. (Burden of proof reversal)
9. Thou shall not assume “this” follows “that” when it has no logical connection. (Non sequitur)
10. Thou shall not claim that because a premise is popular, therefore it must be true. (Bandwagon fallacy)
An extension of why there is not sufficient proof to claim “Bananas fight cancer.”